Taking someone on their first hunt is not only rewarding for the person you’re taking, but I found out first hand that it’s even more rewarding for the hunting mentor.
In this episode, I have a conversation with my friend Ryan Michler, who is just getting started as a hunter. I took him on his first hunt and after the hunt, we sat down to talk about his whole experience and journey as a new hunter.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE
- Ryan’s journey to becoming a better man and how that involves hunting
- Why Ryan wanted to become a hunter
- Our connection to nature and where food comes from
- The perception and misconception of hunting
- What encompasses the hunt
- Preparing for the hunt
- Lessons learned from the hunt
- Our favorite part of the hunt
- Why you should try hunting
- Ryan’s advice for new hunters
- After the shot and kill
- Ryan’s future as a hunter
CONNECT WITH RYAN MICHLER
MORE ABOUT ACTIVATE THE HUNT
If you’re a new hunter who’s just getting started, or you’ve been hunting for a while, but want to learn new tips, tactics, and information to help you become a better hunter, this podcast is for you. Get ready to Activate The Hunt!
Podcast Host: Collin Cottrell
Follow FreaknHunting on Instagram @ http://instagram.com/freaknhunting
Catch us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/freaknhunting
For the hat trick, we’re on Facebook @ https://facebook.com/FreaknHunting/